Thursday, October 11, 2012

Soft Ginger Cookies

I am a sucker for fall flavors...  There is just something about cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger that warm your soul.  I especially love ginger cookies!  Soft, chewy, and delicious.  I had a friend ask me for a good cookie recipe a few days ago and it got me really thinking about these cookies, I immediately had to make a batch, okay... a double batch, for my family.  

Big Soft Ginger Cookies
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp water
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cream butter and sugar.  Add egg, water and molasses, mix through.  Add remaining ingredients except 2 tbsp sugar.  Shape dough into balls (I use my cookie scoops) and roll in remaining sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...