Thursday, February 21, 2013

Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast

I cannot say enough good about this meal. It was just delicious! The meat was moist (and I am known to overcook pork) and flavorful, sweet and savory at the same time.  Perfectly balanced.  I also loved that there were only 5 ingredients, it was so easy, but fancy enough to serve when you've got company.  My girls were half and half... one loved it, after a bit of coaxing from me to give it  a chance, and the other, was just having one of those days where she didn't want to try anything.  I can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!


Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast


Yield: 12 servings (Serving size: 3 ounces pork, 1/4 cup sauce)
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 7 hrs

Ingredients:

3 pound lean, boneless pork roast
16 ounces canned whole berry cranberry sauce
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard ( I used closer to 2 tsp, it came out of the jar a little fast)
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons water

Directions:

1.Place roast in crock pot.
2. In a medium bowl, mix cranberry sauce, brown sugar and mustard; pour over the roast in the crockpot. Cover with lid; Cook on LOW and cook 7 hours. Remove roast from crockpot, reserving cranberry mixture in crockpot. Set roast aside; Tent with foil to keep warm.
3. In a large, microwave safe bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until well mixed. Scoop cranberry mixture into the large bowl and then whisk cornstarch and cranberry mixture together. Place in the microwave and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
4. Place pork roast on platter and use two forks to shred it apart. Top with cranberry sauce and serve immediately.

Adapted from Recipe Girl

1 comment:

  1. I made this and it was really good. All I had on hand was the jellied cranberries and would make sure I had the whole ones next time, I'm sure they give it a little more flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...