Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Favorite "Go-To" Pizza Crust

We LOVE home made pizza.  Okay, okay...I just love pizza! Our budget won't allow me to order pizza as often as I'd like to, so this has become a staple in our weekly menu planning.  It is quick, easy, and oh so tasty.

Pizza Crust
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tbsp yeast (I like to use instant yeast for this.  Raises even quicker :) )
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
3-4 cups flour (I do half and half/wheat and white)

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a stand mixer (or a bowl if mixing by hand).  Add flour until combined.  Knead for 5-7 minutes.  Let raise for 30 min (if using instant yeast it will be raised in about 10-15 min.).  Divide dough in half.  Roll out into circles. Top with your choice of sauce/cheese/toppings.  Bake at 425 for 15 min.

My Tips/Tricks
1.  I divide my dough into 4 equal pieces.  I prefer a thinner crust, and this makes it just perfect.
2.  After rolling out dough, I place the circle in the oven on a heated pizza stone to cook for a few min before adding toppings.  That way the crust can be frozen for a later time, it also helps make sure the crust gets cooked completely.
3.  Don't overload your pizza.  It is very possible to have "too many" toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...