Monday, March 11, 2013

Cannoli Pie

Ever have one of those days where you just need something sweet to end the day?  Today has been one of those days, but I had no idea what to make.  So, I opened up the refrigerator and took a quick inventory.  There really wasn't much to choose from...  A lot of fruit, some ricotta cheese, and a few other odds and ends.  That ricotta stuck out, so I started searching for recipes.  When the picture of Cannoli pie popped up on my screen I knew that was it.  I am a sucker for cannolis, so we gave it a whirl.  Now when I get the urge for a cheesecake, I think this will be my  "go to" recipe.  Very similar texture and flavor, but also tastes just like a fresh cannoli.  Give it a try, you will love it too!



Cannoli Pie
15-oz ricotta cheese
14-oz sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp lemon zest (optional)
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 prepared 9 inch shortbread crust

Preheat the oven to 350F.
In blender or food processor combine ricotta cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon zest and blend until very smooth. Pour into prepared 9-inch pie shell. Sprinkle the top evenly with mini chocolate chips, but do not stir them in.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, until pie is set and jiggles only slightly when you push the edge of the pan.
Allow to cool completely before serving.
Serves 8.

Adapted from http://bakingbites.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...