Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ice Cream Pie

March 14, international Pi day. I wanted to treat my family to something yummy, but didn't want to bake a pie, more so I didn't want to make a crust today. We decided on the next best thing...  Ice Cream Pie.  Easy, delicious, and a huge hit with the kids.
Ice Cream Pie
1/2 container (half gallon size) of your favorite ice cream
1/2 container (8 oz size) cool whip, thawed
prepared pie crust, graham cracker, shortbread, or chocolate

Allow the ice cream to soften.  In a large bowl, stir together the ice cream and cool whip.  Spread it in the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top.  cover and place in the freezer to set (at least 2 hours).

When serving slice pie into 8 slices, top each with your choice of toppings, and enjoy.

My kids told me this was the best pie they'd ever eaten.  They loved it!  As I'm sure you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...