Monday, January 28, 2013

Meal Plan Monday Jan 28-Feb 3

Ever since having kids I've planned out our menu's.  My only problem is sticking to them.  Something would happen, or my mood would cause my tastes to change that day and we'd veer from the plan and get creative.  Creativity is wonderful, don't get me wrong.  But in this case, I need to learn to be more consistent,  stick to my plan and teach my children how to plan and follow it.  So, meal planning is once again in full force.

A little background... my hubby works a wonky schedule and is only home for dinner about half the time.  I always find that on those nights it is hard for me to get motivated to make "nice" meals for my family.  It is always so much easier to just scramble some eggs and make toast, or pull out the box cereal.  My kids would love that too, but they are becoming more picky with their food likes and dislikes, so it is time to get a little more strict, and get my great adventurous eaters back.  I am easing into it, by using some very kid friendly meals on days when the hubs isn't joining us, but also things that are great re-heated as hubs loves leftovers.  So on to the meal plan...

Monday 28,
Breakfast
Scrambled eggs, toast, yogurt, and juice
Lunch
Mooshu Chicken Wraps (YUM!  A favorite of ours)
Dinner
We're off to a B-day party for a good friend

Tuesday 29
Breakfast
Apple pancakes with cinnamon syrup, yogurt
Lunch
Roast Beef Sandwiches
Dinner
Angel hair with roasted tomatoes and balsamic reduction, crunchy bread sticks and salad

Wednesday 30
Breakfast
Cereal and fruit
Lunch
Sandwiches and veggies
Dinner
Shepherds pie (very kid friendly)

Thursday 31
Breakfast
Scrambled eggs and toast, yogurt
Lunch
Open face roast beef sandwiches
Dinner
Lime Chicken Tacos, spicy black beans

Friday 1
Breakfast
Cereal or Oatmeal
Lunch
Quesadillas with leftover lime chicken taco meat
Dinner
Pizza Night (we LOVE home made pizza!)

Saturday is our "free" day to use up leftovers that didn't get used during the week, but this week is special, our littlest is turning 3 and we're celebrating!  The menu is all her choice.

Saturday 2,
Breakfast
Birthday cake pancakes
Lunch (party time)
Hot dogs, Chips, and Green salad (all her request)
Dinner
leftovers

Sunday 3
Breakfast
Cereal then rushing off to church
Lunch
Sandwiches or quesadillas
Dinner
Super Bowl Sunday Appetizers
Buffalo Chicken dip
BBQ Lil' smokies
veggies and dip
and whatever else hubs decides he wants to munch :)

Visit back this week to get recipes, it's going to be a YUMMY week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...