Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Years Resolutions

My New Years resolutions were really pretty easy for me to decide.  Many of them are easy, while others require a lot of thought, effort, and work.  One of my favorites though, was to make a new recipe at least once a week.

I've been pinning new recipes that both look and sound delicious to me, and just never seem to break out of my regular routine long enough to make one or two of them.  This year will be different, this year, I am going to be making those recipes I am pinning and the recipes I've marked in the many, many, many cookbooks I've collected over the years.

Tonight, wasn't the first, but it was the first time I actually remembered to take a picture before I dug into the delicious food on my plate.  (Don't worry, my photography skills will improve too... that is another resolution ;) ).  Everyone loved it, well, those who would give it a chance and try it...  thank goodness for hot dogs on days like tonight, when my girls refuse to eat anything and I don't want to fight it.

Tonight's menu consisted of Apple Butter Pork chops, Baked Potato, Quick Brazilian Cheese Rolls, and Brussels Sprouts with Vinegar-Glazed Onions.

Rating: 5 stars everything will be made again, and again, and again :)
Because the recipes are not originally mine I am just going to post the links to the blogs/websites that I found them.  It only seems fitting that recognition goes to where it is deserved.

Let's start off with the Pork Chops.  We all know apples and pork are just meant to be, the flavors just seem to compliment one another so well, that you'd be quite the fool to not pair them together.  When I came across this recipe I knew it had to go on the list, I needed more ways to use the many jars of apple butter that I'd bottled last fall :)  The recipe can be found here.

Next are the rolls.  I am trying to cut carbs, and that for me has been really really hard.  I know it will help me to get control of my PCOS symptoms, but I love bread!  I love rolls, cake, cookies, well anything containing loads of carbs and gluten.  This one is gluten free, so it'll help me not feel so guilty when I eat just one more...  the recipe can be found here.

Brussels sprouts are a favorite in our house.  Everyone loves them, weird I know... but I give credit to my mom who continually told us how good they were, and even ate some herself, only to find out recently that she really does not care for them.  That is the sign of a good mom :)  We've been boring with our Brussels sprouts... steam them then top with some lemon juice... After the first taste tonight, my taste buds might reject my poor old standby from here on out... full of flavor, and just delicious!  The recipe for them can be found here.

Hope you enjoy this wonderful meal just as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...