Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Asian Chicken Kebabs

Tonight we made a double size dinner so we could take a meal to our neighbor who recently welcomed a new baby into their family.  It was so fun to meet him and welcome him into our neighborhood.  We were kind of scrambling to get everything done and packed up to take to them, that I totally forgot to take pictures of our meal tonight, so this post will just be links and recipes.  But trust me it was delicious!  Even the kids ate every bite. 

For the Kebabs we used this recipe from My Baking Addiction.  The kebabs were savory, had a nice little spicy kick, and full of flavor.  We added zucchini, and mushrooms to the kebabs (I had them in the refrigerator and they needed to be used), and it was a wonderful addition. 

Along with them we served Sweet and Savory Coconut rice from Our Best Bites.  I LOVE this recipe.  I substituted brown rice for the white and added more water to follow my rice cookers directions.  When the rice cooker beeped I added the chopped green onions and it was perfect!

For dessert, because you have to have dessert when taking meals to friends, we tried out another Our Best Bites recipe (love everything we've tried from them).  Apple Streusel Bars.  I love apple pie, and I think that I may have a new favorite.  So easy, and really delicious!.  All the flavor of an apple pie without all the fuss from the crust.  Next time I want an apple pie, I think this will make another appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...