Thursday, February 7, 2013

Carne Asada Tacos

This week we had to switch things up just a little, I ended up with an evening meeting at my house for church and need a "no thought - slow cooker" meal for the night.  So, luckily my Thursday meal fell into that category and we just did a swap :).



My Sister in Law Tammy, posted on Facebook that she was making this recipe, and it peaked my interest.  Every flavor that I love!  So, while shopping this week we found a great deal on flank steak.  I knew it had to go on our list this week, so into the cart it went.

The meat was so tender it just fell apart, the flavors were not in your face, but were distinct and wonderful.  I don't think we'll be going back to our boring ground beef tacos any time soon.  This one is a keeper!

Carne Asada
1 cup lime juice (I used fresh squeezed)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup V8 juice
salt and pepper
1 lb flank steak or small beef roast
stir together marinade and pour over the meat.  Marinade overnight in the refrigerator.  In the morning, pour meat and marinade into the crock-pot and cook on low 8-10 hours.  The meat will just fall apart.

We shredded it up and topped it with cheese, lettuce, tomato, fresh salsa, more green onion, avocado and sour cream.  The kids loved it and the hubs and I are hooked!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...