Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Porcupine Meatballs

I have very vivid memories of these little meatballs, I know that my mom only made them once or twice, but when something sticks in my memory, it is pretty hard to forget.  I guess these made quite the impression with me.  It is such an easy recipe that it would be a great one to make with your little sous chef.

Porcupine Meatballs
Serves 4-6 (6-8 at our house)

1 lb lean ground beef
1 1/4 cup uncooked white rice
1 tsp dried onion
1 tsp season salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
1 10.5 oz can beef broth

1. preheat oven to 350.
2. mix (with your hands) ground beef, 1/2 cup of the rice, dried onion, season salt, and Italian seasoning.  Mix well, and roll into 9 golf ball size balls.
3. Put the rest of the rice in the bottom of the baking dish.  Pour the tomatoes and the beef broth over the top and stir with a spoon.  Place meatballs over rice mixture and cover tightly with foil.
4. Bake for 1 hour.  Enjoy!

These were a hit with one of my kids, the other is going through a phase and "doesn't like dinner" no matter what it was.  Although if I served cotton candy and lollipops she'd probably change her mind ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...