Monday, March 11, 2013

Meal Plan Monday

I'm a little late getting my meal plan for the week posted.  I don't know about you, but Daylight Savings time really messes up my little family.  The kids take a few days to adjust and last night was rough...  I guess the hour and a half nap on the way home from visiting Grandma and Papa for the weekend didn't help matters either.  But needless to say,  we were all in bed and asleep by midnight :(  I could have done with another hour or so, but maybe tonight will be better...

I'm excited for this week's plan.  I am feeling the need to cook on the grill, to keep things fresh and I'm seeing my menus transforming from Winter foods to Spring/Summer foods.  I LOVE to see that change.  It makes it even more real that Spring is really on the way after a long, long Utah Winter.

Monday
(yes, this one is a fall dish, but I've got one lonely butternut squash in my pantry that keeps calling to me)
Butternut Squash Risotto with pine nuts and balsamic drizzle
Green salad
Asparagus
Cannoli pie (I have some ricotta that needs to be used up too)

Tuesday
Bobby Deen's Zesty Chicken Fajitas
Home made tortillas
Crock pot refried beans

Wednesday
Crock pot Sesame Honey Chicken
brown rice
Szechuan Bok Choy

Thursday
Bobby Flay's Signature Burger (yes I realize I have a thing for Chef's named Bobby)
Home made potato chips
Fresh Veggies and dip

Friday
Spaghetti and Meatballs (requested  by the 5 year old)
Green beans
Garlic Breadsticks

Saturday is our leftover night

Sunday
Roasted Pork with apples
Mashed Yukon Gold potatoes
Salad
Whole wheat rolls


A few extras this week include:
Baked donuts with maple glaze
Lemon Sorbet
granola with cocoa nibs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...