Friday, March 8, 2013

Quick and Easy No Cook Pizza Sauce

I think I changed up this weeks menu plan more  than I have in a while.  It was all due to my forgetfulness and neglecting to get ingredients out of the deep freeze in order to thaw in time.  I think I'll need to begin leaving myself post it note reminders for next week.  Luckily, I have some favorite, quick and easy recipes that we can make things work out.

Although Deep Dish Pizza was on the menu we had so much leftover Naan bread that we thought we'd use that to make pizza on the grill.  All I can say, is it was a brilliant idea.   At the end of summer last year I purchased a pizza stone that we thought would work great on the grill, we finally tried it out, and it will now be used A LOT!

So, for today, I am sharing our favorite pizza sauce recipe.  I love the full rich tomato flavor that the tomato  paste gives, and without cooking too.  Just a few ingredients, a few minutes, and a blender, or immersion blender and you've got pizzeria style sauce that you will fall in love with too!

Quick and Easy No Cook Pizza Sauce

1 14 oz can reduced sodium diced tomatoes (I use a pint of home bottled tomatoes)
1 6 oz can reduced sodium tomato paste
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp dried oregano or 4 teaspoons fresh oregano
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp dried basil or 8 fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic, minced

This is the easy part, dump it all in the blender, and pulse until it is combined.  Spoon it onto your pizza and prepare as usual.

It also makes a great dipping sauce for cheese sticks, as well as a sauce for meatball subs.


1 comment:

  1. Just made this tonight, so good!!! Just wish I would have made it the other night when we had our meatball subs!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...