Thursday, May 23, 2013

Best Banana Bread I've Ever Tasted

Banana bread is one of those things you either love or hate.  I myself love it!  I find it makes a wonderful breakfast, with a little cream cheese or real butter smeared across it, YUM!  It is a great way to use up bananas that might find their way in the trash, and it also makes a wonderful gift for a neighbor who may need a little cheering up.

I especially love the little surprises I've added to my "go to" recipe to make it over the top.


Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup overripe bananas, mashed (2-3 bananas)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Hershey's Cinnamon Chips (my extra ingredient)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts and pecans are wonderful in this) *optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Grease an 8x4x3 inch loaf pan.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle, whip butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.  Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.  Add the bananas, milk, and lemon juice, and mix well.  Add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined.  Stir in cinnamon chips and nuts.  Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...