Friday, July 12, 2013

Biscuits and Gravy

Biscuits and gravy are the Hubs favorite breakfast.  I think he'd request it every day if I didn't drill it into him each day that it is a "splurge".  It is delicious, I would never say otherwise, and so incredibly easy to make.  Start with my favorite biscuit recipe found here, then follow up with a rich and creamy gravy full of sausage and a kick from black pepper.  YUM... my mouth is watering just writing about it.  Enough waiting, time to share the recipe.


Sausage Gravy
1 lb ground sausage (I love spicy breakfast sausage for this)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
3-4 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste

Begin by browning the sausage, crumble it as you go.  You'll want it cooked through completely.  Drain off the excess fat (doing this makes me feel like it is a little bit better for me ;) ) and return to the heat.  Sprinkle the flour over the sausage and stir until each crumble is coated evenly.  Slowly pour the milk in, beginning with 2 cups  and whisk it in.  It will begin to thicken as it heats.  Add more milk a little at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve hot over fresh biscuits.

Hope you love this one just as much as we do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...